Monday, January 19, 2009

Photos and Diary of the Pacific Northwest



One of our early sunrises.





A sunset I caught many years ago.




Sequim realtors might use the word "banana belt" to label the region, but the photograph above shows the reality. I simply call it "One of those winters!" I think this was in the late 90's. 1984/85 was much worse!

Next to the winters here, deer are one of my least welcome sightings. Last week two bucks and their harem were munchng away at the owners plantings. Four cars stopped to take pictures! Did any of them run to the rescue of the lilies? Of course not. TOURISTS -- There should be a hunting season put out on them!



This photo was taken by a lavender grower across the street after she chased them onto the property I now work for. And despite it being a toasty summer I am remembering the last year shiveringly well.



So in my ample free and creative fun time, I have been cutting and stacking firewood, and am offering pruning work for fruit trees and all other firewood potentials at half price.



I welcome all other Olympic Peninsula inmates to release a few of their own favorite pictures.

(copyright) 2009 Herb Senft

No comments:

Post a Comment